Social Media & Communications Internship
National Dance Institute seeks a Social Media & Communications intern. This learning opportunity is ideal for a college student or recent graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in communications, marketing, social media, website design, or non-profit organizations. The Social Media & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to connect with National Dance Institute’s staff, artistic director, teaching artists, and supporters. The intern will be invited to NDI’s ongoing performances and events.
This position is unpaid. The Social Media & Communications intern will have the opportunity to gain personal experience in the following areas in addition to supporting other needs of the organization:
- Social media marketing
- Public relations
- Photo and media archiving
- Design and layout
- Background in communications, marketing, design, or other-related discipline
- Based in New York City
- Experience and interest in social media and ability to strategize
- Demonstrated writing ability
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and social media tools
- Duration: a minimum of four (4) weeks
- At least 18 years of age
Deadline to apply is ongoing. Please email your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Interns are not eligible for company benefits.
National Dance Institute (NDI) is seeking someone with a passionate belief in the integral role of the arts in education to join our dynamic Program Team! The ideal candidate will demonstrate ingenuity, enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, a willingness to take initiative, and the skills to work collaboratively in an open office environment.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and clerical support for NDI’s core Programs
- Manage special projects and tasks as determined by the Program and Artistic Directors
- Liaise with NDI teaching artists and administrative colleagues, as well as external stakeholders, especially partner schools and families
- Answer and direct email and phone inquiries
- Maintain department calendars and contacts
- Provide occasional production support for performances
- Travel to NDI’s partner schools and performance venues throughout the city with occasional work on weeknights and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google Drive, Facebook and familiarity with Mac platform
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Comfortable and experienced working with children
- Undergraduate degree required
- Multiple languages a strong plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package offered.
Please send resume, cover letter with salary expectations and three current professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of inquiries, only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted. Please no phone calls! No recruiters!
NDI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
National Dance Institute (NDI) is seeking a Development intern. This position is for an individual with a passion for the arts and education, an interest in nonprofit and donor management. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, organized, proactive, and reliable team player.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching donors
- Updating and assembling press kits
- Assisting with the production of special events
- Assisting with mailings
We are dedicated to providing a valuable and hands-on learning experience. This position will provide a great mentorship opportunity for those who are seeking to enter the nonprofit field. We are happy to discuss the possibility of applying this internship toward course credit.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Armelle Kessler.