For over four decades, National Dance Institute has been delivering its award-winning arts and learning programs to public school children throughout New York City and around the world in the belief that the arts, and dance and music, in particular, have a unique power to engage children and motivate them toward excellence.
NDI is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our Development team full-time in our state-of-the-art facility in Harlem.
An integral member of the department, the Development Associate will report to the Chief Advancement Officer and will be responsible for assisting with NDI’s individual and institutional fundraising efforts, as well as with special events.
- Assisting with fundraising appeals and events
- Processing and acknowledging gifts
- Working with NDI program staff to update program impact statistics and create a new narrative about NDI’s arts and learning programs
- Identifying prospects and conducting research on potential new funders
- Managing NDI’s annual Alumni Homecoming event
- Overseeing the “I ♥ NDI” fundraising campaign
- Supervising weekly volunteers and fundraising intern(s), as necessary
- Managing and updating donor data in Raiser’s Edge, and pulling reports and lists, as needed
- Collaborating with Finance staff to reconcile monthly income and produce weekly donation reports
An opportunity exists for the right candidate to also oversee a small portfolio of donors. This includes managing a grants calendar, writing letters, reports, and proposals, and ensuring grant fulfillment and high-level stewardship.
The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree, at least one-two years of experience in a professional work environment, and the desire to be part of a dynamic fundraising team whose vision is to support National Dance Institute’s work in providing the highest quality arts education programs to over 6,500 New York City public school children each year. Candidate must be an exceptional writer, a quick learner, a creative thinker, a team player, detail
oriented, and deadline sensitive.
Please email resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and a writing sample, to Michele O’Mara, Chief Advancement Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
National Dance Institute (NDI) was founded by New York City Ballet principal dancer Jacques d’Amboise in the belief that the arts have a unique power to engage children and motivate them toward excellence. Through our award-winning, multidisciplinary arts education programs, we strive to reach every child, transcending barriers of language, culture, and physical and cognitive challenges. In the process, our professional teaching artists foster in students a love of the arts and curiosity about the world, and help our young dancers learn to work together, develop personal standards of excellence, and cultivate a confidence in themselves that supports their success in school and in life. Since its founding in 1976, NDI has impacted the lives of over 2 million children.
Finance Assistant (Part-Time)
National Dance Institute, a leading arts education organization, seeks a detail-oriented entry-level part-time Finance Assistant. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to excel in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment, and have a positive “can do” attitude and approach to work. This position reports to the Finance and Human Resources Manager.
Provide accounting and administrative support related to the daily operations of the Finance department for an established, thriving, arts-oriented non-profit.
- Enter and process bills and payment requests
- Assist with vendor inquiries and discrepancies
- Enter and reconcile cash, credit card receipts, and deposits
- Assist with collections
- Reconcile assigned accounts
- Create and distribute reports
- Organize and maintain accounting files
- Assist with other finance and administrative tasks as assigned
- Liaise with various departments and external audit and finance professionals
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of debits and credits a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent computer skills with competence in using Microsoft Office software and working with database and/or accounting programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one to two years of nonprofit or small business administrative and office support experience
Send cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and three (3) professional job references to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted. Please no phone calls, no recruiters! Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package.
Social Media & Communications Internship
National Dance Institute seeks a Social Media & Communications intern. This learning opportunity is ideal for a college student or recent graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in communications, marketing, social media, website design, or non-profit organizations. The Social Media & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to connect with National Dance Institute’s staff, artistic director, teaching artists, and supporters. The intern will be invited to NDI’s ongoing performances and events.
This position is unpaid. The Social Media & Communications intern will have the opportunity to gain personal experience in the following areas in addition to supporting other needs of the organization:
- Social media marketing
- Public relations
- Photo and media archiving
- Design and layout
- Background in communications, marketing, design, or other-related discipline
- Based in New York City
- Experience and interest in social media and ability to strategize
- Demonstrated writing ability
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and social media tools
- Duration: a minimum of four (4) weeks
- At least 18 years of age
Deadline to apply is ongoing. Please email your resume and a short statement of interest to Lyubava Fartushenko. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Interns are not eligible for company benefits.
National Dance Institute (NDI) is seeking a Development intern. This position is for an individual with a passion for the arts and education, an interest in nonprofit and donor management. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, organized, proactive, and reliable team player.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching donors
- Updating and assembling press kits
- Assisting with the production of special events
- Assisting with mailings
We are dedicated to providing a valuable and hands-on learning experience. This position will provide a great mentorship opportunity for those who are seeking to enter the nonprofit field. We are happy to discuss the possibility of applying for this internship toward course credit.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Armelle Kessler.
NDI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.